What is "EKRAN+"?
EKRAN+ is a 22-day project based professional training programme, primarily designed for directors/writer-directors, focusing on the vision of their future film. This vision is elaborated through the combination of three major elements: the script, the audiovisual components and the collaboration with the other professionals involved in the shooting of the film.
EKRAN+ focuses participants on exploring, identifying and refining the tone and visual language of film. EKRAN+ aims at advancing participants’ treatments/scripts and producing two scenes from each script/ treatment.
Every participating project is represented by a Creative Team consisting of a director (or writer/director), a writer (or co-writer), a director of photography and producer.
The EKRAN+ process includes:
The creative team (director, screenwriter, and producer) are offered a choice of locations, actors and set design within the usual logistical and budgetary constraints. EKRAN+ supports shooting with expertise and help from casting directors, set designers and production managers.
Who can apply for EKRAN+?
EKRAN+ is based on teamwork and involves professionals from several fields. The primary target group consists of European directors or writer/directors who have realized their first feature or several shorts. In order to be accepted by EKRAN, the creative team should be consisting of: director or writer/director; the writer or co-writer of the script (where applicable) the producer committed to the project, the director of photography they intend to work with.
How do I apply for EKRAN+?
The application must contain:
1) CVs of all team members (3 copies, mailed as well firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) a 10 page (maximum) feature film Treatment (3 copies, mailed as well email@example.com) – (if the script exists it should be translated into English and available for individual consultancy for the first session)
3) proposal of two scenes from treatment/script to be realized within EKRAN+programme(3 copies, mailed as well firstname.lastname@example.org)
4) a letter of commitment from the producer or the producer’s production
company (1 copy)
5) an entry form signed by all the members of the team (1 copy) – available here: http://www.wajdastudio.pl/pliki/application_form_for_ekran+.doc
6) a DVD of the director’s work (1 copy)
More EKRAN+ info at: